The Roost! Forum Index
The Roost! Forum Index
The Roost! Forum Index
Stand up and be counted, become a member and use your vote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FISH
Grog Squad Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Stand up and be counted, become a member and use your vote Reply with quote

Howdy Peoples one thing that became evident on the weekend was that a lot of the rooster faithful had let their membership lapse and if the need came to hold an EGM they could only support in voice. As a group if you really want to make change then renew your membership and obtain your voting rights but don’t sit on your hands make your vote count.
I was really frustrated how many people who were members also said they didn’t bother voting last year and thought that there single vote wouldn’t make a difference, well sadly you were wrong as two years running the opportunity to make a real difference was lost.
So if you really want to get this club moving again don’t just stand around moaning as talk is cheap go get a membership this week and next AGM make your voice heard and in the next few years this will more important than ever. I realise the season is nearly over but there are reduced membership packages available and as I said want to get involved then buy one and make your vote count.
THE MESSENGER BOY
Shan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said fish. Cool
Ian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Fish
RoosterPants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Advertiser, Thur 16 Mar 1922

Practically a clean sweep of the executive officers of the North Adelaide Football Club was made at the annual meeting of the club last night. A "ticket" was issued, as "The Advertiser" stated some time ago would be the case after a meeting of members bent on bringing in a new order of things.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/49086730?searchTerm=north%20adelaide%20football&searchLimits=

Looks like one of the positions came down to one vote, so yes it's important all members have their say!
RoosterPants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advertiser (Adelaide, SA : 1889 - 1931), Monday 6 March 1922

From "ONE OF THEM." - Your report of a meeting of players and supporters of the N.A.F.C. is just a little misleading. The meeting was not a public meeting, nor was it by invitation. The beginning of the affair was that a few of the ardent supporters suggested meeting and discussing club matters, and, having no other place, decided to meet in a room at the Prospect Hall. To the surprise of the originators of this movement, many others came along of their own accord and were equally emphatic in their desire to see a change in club management.
STEWIE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more people our board drive away and fail to renew or to become a member the more power they assume .
Stand up join up and be counted be part of the solution .
I don't want to look back and say I could have done more.
Roosterforever

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be careful if you purchase a reduced membership that you have voting rights attached to the membership.
FISH
Grog Squad Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roosterforever wrote:
Just be careful if you purchase a reduced membership that you have voting rights attached to the membership.

Very good point as i assumed it was be a given but if you just buy the basic $80 one no tickets that is the standard membership and would have rights but please check as this is the main point of getting on board at this late stage of the season.
Magellan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FISH wrote:
Roosterforever wrote:

Very good point as i assumed it was be a given but if you just buy the basic $80 one no tickets that is the standard membership and would have rights but please check as this is the main point of getting on board at this late stage of the season.

Yes, good point. Should be OK, though. My brief check of the club's membership products suggests that all provide voting rights.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Roost! Forum Index -> Rooster Forum All times are GMT + 10.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: