The Roost! Forum Index
The Roost! Forum Index
The Roost! Forum Index
NAFC History Tour for History Festival

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick
Grog Squad Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: NAFC History Tour for History Festival Reply with quote

After the success of last year I will again be conducting a bus tour during History Festival that takes in the early days of the North Adelaide Football Club.
North moved to Prospect Oval in 1922 and this tour will take in sites relevant to the club's history from 1881 (when the Medindie team started) to 1921.

Hope to see lots of fans of the Mighty Dingoes there !

https://historyfestival.sa.gov.au/content/nafcs-early-history-bus
robranisgod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would thoroughly recommend this bus tour to any Rooster fan or in fact any South Australian sports fan or Adelaide historian. Nick's knowledge of the early days of North Adelaide's history is unsurpassed. And of course he is the oracle as far as North's forerunner, the Medindie Football Club is concerned. I learnt so much on last year's tour and look forward very much to this year.

Go the mighty Dingoes.
Magellan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robranisgod wrote:
I would thoroughly recommend this bus tour to any Rooster fan or in fact any South Australian sports fan or Adelaide historian. Nick's knowledge of the early days of North Adelaide's history is unsurpassed. And of course he is the oracle as far as North's forerunner, the Medindie Football Club is concerned. I learnt so much on last year's tour and look forward very much to this year.

Go the mighty Dingoes.

Fantastic. Very keen to check this out, given I was overseas for it last year.

Look like there's 4 to choose from. I'm perhaps thinking one of the Sunday sessions? Anyone else keen?
johntheclaret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magellan wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

Go the mighty Dingoes.

Look like there's 4 to choose from. I'm perhaps thinking one of the Sunday sessions? Anyone else keen?

You went overseas for it last year
I didn’t think their history stretched that far.
Magellan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johntheclaret wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Explains why when in America my reply of "and may Barrie bless you too" to their standard "God bless" came with a quizzical look.
johntheclaret

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magellan wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Explains why when in America my reply of "and may Barrie bless you too" to their standard "God bless" came with a quizzical look.

You’re just name dropping now, God, Barrie, America.....
Ian

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the tour yesterday, if anyone is remotely interested in the club's history pre Prospect it well worth the cost
Thanks Nick, the amount of information you are able to retain and speak about is very impressive

IMHO, the only thing missing was a drive by or stop at Ken Farmer's statue as well as Barrie's. I know getting out of the bus and walking could be a problem for a number that went yesterday so it would be difficult
Magellan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
I did the tour yesterday, if anyone is remotely interested in the club's history pre Prospect it well worth the cost
Thanks Nick, the amount of information you are able to retain and speak about is very impressive

IMHO, the only thing missing was a drive by or stop at Ken Farmer's statue as well as Barrie's. I know getting out of the bus and walking could be a problem for a number that went yesterday so it would be difficult

Went along yesterday and really enjoyed Nick's explanation of the club's early history. Hats off to all involved, hopefully another history-based tour is planned for next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Roost! Forum Index -> NAFC History Forum All times are GMT + 10.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: